WATERS (Watershed Assessment Tool for Education & Research Studies) is a free platform for managing water quality data collected by organizations in the upper Ohio River basin. It was created to serve groups as a useful tool for safely storing and retrieving their data. Click here to view the 3RQ WATERS fact sheet.
WATERS has been redesigned! The database has received a complete overhaul in functionality. Some of the most important changes are:
- Entering data has never been easier. Logger data can be uploaded from one Excel spreadsheet using a profile for each site. Field data is entered manually as before but the process has been streamlined.
- Historic and bulk lab data can now be uploaded from one Excel spreadsheet by the database manager.
- WATERS is fully mobile and can be viewed on Android, iPhones, and iPads. The system detects your device and returns the screen most compatible. Not only can you view it, but you can upload data while in the field, vastly reducing data entry time.
- A user-friendly query screen allows users to specify ranges and parameters of interest to key in on specific datasets and can easily view their data output online or export to Excel.
- The Field and Lab summary reports now allow users to choose which parameters they want to view and in what date range, allowing for more specific data analysis.
3RQ staff have updated WATERS with data that had been held in the previous database, which was shut down in 2017. If you loaded your data (either scans of field data sheets or data logger files) onto the Google Drive prior to the updated WATERS going live, your data has been loaded into the redesigned database for you.
Any discrepancies or concerns should be reported to the Database Manager (DM) at ThreeRiversQUEST@gmail.com for resolution.